Weekend Style Files: The Fitted Mini Skirt

I am huge fan of the fitted mini skirt.  I have about 5 that I rotate between and love.  They have really come in handy this pregnancy because I can just wear them under my belly and they still fit.
  I think you do have to be careful what you pair with a fitted mini though, because it has the potential to look trashy.  I would not suggest a tight fitted shirt with a tight fitted skirt, too much tightness and body clinging for me.  I love a mini skirt paired with a loose blouse, tee, or sweater.  It is nice to kind of have your behind covered if you know what I mean.  It is a chic look that is comfy too.  This pregnancy I have rocked my mini skirts often:


The stretchy ones like I own are perfect pregnant and not.   The top one and bottom ones are old and no longer available.  The middle one is T By Alexander Wang and I love it.  I will say when buying a fitted mini to go up in size most times.  I more often than not wear a medium in these types of skirts because who wants to see your underwear peeking thru?  I rounded up my top 11 picks for a fitted mini skirt.  I included several black options because they are easiest to wear and pair tops with.   You always have way more options with black!  I own two black minis that I love.  Chassity owns The Free People one and it looks awesome on her and is such a great price.  I have my eye on the David Lerner one next.  For Fall I would wear a mini paired with a loose tee and leather jacket like the second picture.  I highly suggest you give the fitted mini a try even if you were intimidated by it before!
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment