Obsessions + A Note on Yesterdays Post

Before I start into my favorite topic of Obsessions, I want to address something from my post yesterday.  Several of you left comments not liking my post, saying it rubbed you the wrong way, and that really bothered me.  I was not trying to make anyone feel bad. 

I was not bad mouthing working mothers at all or saying your life is easier,  in fact I said I am often envious of them and understand why many have to/choose to go back to work.    When Sterling starts school more full time I plan to go back to work and for the past year I have worked part time in addition to my blog which is also like a job for me.  I understand that it is equally as hard to be a working mom.   Being a mom working or not comes with challenges.  I was merely writing about a personal decision I made to be a stay at home mom and how hard of a job it was and the sacrifices made.  I know working moms make sacrifices too, but I was writing purely about my own personal experience.
 
All of us moms need to stick together working or not.  It is ridiculous to pit working moms against stay at home moms.  We are all just doing the best we can to provide for our families and be the best moms we can.  We each face different hardships each day.  I was not trying to compare the two at all.   I admire you working moms and meant no harm in my post and I am sorry if you took it the wrong way.   My blog is like my personal diary where I choose to share certain aspects of my life, I never set out to offend people but I guess some read into things more than others.  I respect all mothers working or not,  it is damn hard job and we need to stop judging each other and support each other.  Moms need to stick together. 
 Love to all you moms out there................................................................................................................
 First of all I need to mention Shopbop is having their Friends and Family Sale, use code INTHEFAMILY to get 25% off all orders.  Several items from my list today are from Shopbop so don't forget to use the code at checkout!  Now is the time to buy Rag and Bone Newbury Booties if you don't already have a pair they rarely get put on sale.  I love mine, best boots ever and worth the splurge.  Pretty sure I am going to go ahead and order my MOTHER jeans for post baby as well!



|| TOPSHOP CAMERA CHECK TUNIC DRESS || 
I am so glad Topshop finally ships to the US.  They have some fabulous pieces for amazing prices.  Loving this dress, the colors are awesome.

also love it in this Floral Pattern as well.

I am loving plaid for Fall.  This is such a cute jacket for everyday wear.


These pants are amazing!! I am dying for a pair of skinny velvet pants and you know the fit on these will be amazing.



|| DV DOLCE VITA JAXEN BOOTIES ||

Loving these booties and the price. They look really similar to the Rag and Bone booties.  They have gotten rave reviews on every website I have looked at.



This dress is so awesome and the price tag is even better.  It would be so cute layered with a fun vest, blazer or leather jacket.


|| AMANDA UPRICHARD HIGHLINER SILK BLOUSE ||
I am totally obsessed with this blouse.  Perfect pattern and fit.  Would look amazing with the leggings below.


|| DAVID LERNER CLASSIC COATED LEGGINGS ||
These leggings are a must.  David Lerner makes the best leggings around.  I have been on the hunt for a pair that looked like leather and these are perfection.


|| BAUBLEBAR PAVE LINKS BRACELET ||
Love both these pave links bracelets.  They would look so good layered with other bracelets or solo.
Gold || Black


0 comments:

Post a Comment